this blog is a gift to my friend. we both like cooking and celebrating eating cause eating alone is no fun, right? we both hate all those posh kitchens, expensive tools, luxury ingredients and fancy, clean nails afterwards. our cooking should be then about fun and friendship, trashy collectives, dumbsterdived goodies and dirty, crusty outfit. oh, and veganism of course;-)



poniedziałek, 27 lutego 2012

New and old friends

It's always weird with those people where your only basis of interaction is some kind of a forced constellation. You graduate school to never talk to each other again. 3 years pass by and you hardly say "hi" anymore. Those people who you used to be friends with but that you really didn't have much in common with.

I'm being faced with requests for reunions from both primary and high school class mates. It's one of these settings were I really want to see some people again, but on the other hand there are a lot of people I hope I will never encounter again in my entire life.

This weekend was filled with various activities. A party at the Institute of History, an anti-ACTA demonstration and a big party at a certain collective. Friday I managed to meet a classmate from way back and someone I went to high school with who apparently didn't remember me at all (Which is ok because I only remember her because I think she's really annoying). The demo on Saturday was filled with people, so I saw a lot of people around I didn't even bother to go up and say hi to. Too much effort, too many people.

The party was packed and it was great! I got to talk to people I haven't seen for a while. That was nice! But I also "met" some people that didn't bother to come up and say hi, but clearly noticed I was there because they spend some time staring at me. I didn't say hi either, so I guess it's my own fault. But I didn't exactly feel like going up to people who apparently won't do the same to me.

I don't know if it's another case of "The Danish Syndrome" but I find it really weird. You spend years being friends, seeing each other every day, and then you graduate/move away/become less connected with the scene and all of a sudden people stop calling. I guess we all move on, but it's so weird being close to someone and then a single event just ends it all. I've seen a lot of people move away from the scene and suddenly they are not interested in going out anymore, or all our friends activities stop because the only basis of relation maybe was that scene.

Bonus: Spot me!
Sushi!
We made sushi when we got back from the demo on Saturday.
Sushi doesn't need to be expensive nor time consuming. I'll use porridge rice instead of the expensive sushi rice. It does the job! I won't buy rice vinegar, but use regular vinegar with salt and sugar. Tofu is always nice, but just using veggies and making a nice peanut butter sauce is really tasty as well.

The only precaution is: You will get dirty, those rice are sticky and messy as well!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz